OSHA Requirements are strict when it comes to Warehouse and Facility Standards and Requirements and for good reason. There are many risks associated with large facilities and therefore these guidelines are required in Georgia as well as all other states.
Think Safety First
- More than 145,000 people work in over 7,000 warehouses.
- The fatal injury rate for the warehousing industry is higher than the national average for all industries.
- Potential hazards for workers in warehousing:
- Unsafe use of forklifts;
- Improper stacking of products;
- Failure to use proper personal protective equipment;
- Failure to follow proper lockout/tagout procedures;
- Inadequate fire safety provisions; or
- Repetitive motion injuries.
Hazards & Solutions
Warehouse operations can present a wide variety of potential hazards for the worker. For warehousing establishments, the 10 OSHA standards most frequently included in the agency’s citations were:
- Hazard communication
- Electrical, wiring methods
- Electrical, system design
- Guarding floor & wall openings and holes
- Mechanical power transmission
- Respiratory protection
- Portable fire extinguishers
1st Response Safety, LLC. will train your employees to ensure you receive your required OSHA education. Our facility can handle your group or we can schedule a training session at your warehouse or facility in Peachtree City, Newnan, Sharpsburg, and Metro Atlanta.